After going through this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- Why do organizations engage in operations planning?
- What are the steps involved in an aggregate planning exercise?
- What are the alternatives available to an organization to modify demand and supply?
- What are the generic strategies adopted in an aggregate planning exercise?
- What are the heuristic and optimal methods used for solving the aggregate operations planning problem?
- What is master operations scheduling (MOS)? How is it related to aggregate operations planning?
Organizations often manage demand during peak times by shifting the demand to a non-peak period as capacity is far in excess of demand ...