1. Joe's Tasty Burger has determined that its production facility has a design capacity of 400 hamburgers per day. The effective capacity, however, is 250 hamburgers per day. Lately Joe has noticed that output has been 300 hamburgers per day. Compute both design and effective capacity utilization measures. What can you conclude?
2. A manufacturer of printed circuit boards has a design capacity of 1000 boards per day. The effective capacity, however, is 700 boards per day. Recently, the production facility has been producing 950 boards per day. Compute the design and effective capacity utilization measures. What do they tell you?
3. Beth's Bakery can comfortably produce 60 brownies in one day. If Beth takes some unusual measures, such as hiring her two aunts to help in the kitchen and work overtime, she can produce up to 100 brownies in one day.
4. The town barber shop can accommodate 35 customers per day. The manager has determined that if two additional barbers are hired, the shop can accommodate 80 customers per day. What are the design and effective capacities for the barber shop?
5. The design and effective capacities for a local paper manufacturer are 1000 and 600 pounds of paper per day, respectively. At present, the manufacturer is producing 500 pounds per day. Compute capacity ...