If you’re planning your company’s first foray into the cloud, you’ve no doubt heard many compelling reasons for making the move. But one area companies often overlook is Internet performance: optimizing the route that data takes across the public Internet to reach your systems, a stretch known as the middle mile.
In this report, author and middle-mile expert Andy Still maps your cloud journey from initial preparation to having your own highly performant cloud-based system. At each stage, you’ll learn the best methods for optimizing Internet performance by understanding the nature of your application, the characteristics of your end users, and the way various cloud providers can connect one to the other.
Not all cloud vendors are created equally and, despite what they’d like you to think, it’s not necessary to tie yourself to a single provider. Pick up a copy of this report and learn why the best Internet performance may involve using a combination of components from multiple cloud vendors.
Table of contents
- 1. Optimizing Cloud Migration
- 2. Phase 1: Preparing for Your Journey to the Cloud
3. Phase 2: Beginning Your Journey to the Cloud
- 1. Start Small and Gradually Migrate Systems
- 2. Test, Test, Test—Prove Everything Before Committing to the Move
- 3. Understand Your Performance Expectations
- 4. Build a Comprehensive Monitoring Solution
- Phase 2: Dos and Don’ts
- 4. Phase 3: Enhancing Your Cloud Solution
- 5. Phase 4: Maximizing Your Internet Performance: Building a Multicloud Solution
- 6. Conclusion
- Title: Optimizing Cloud Migration
- Release date: July 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491960295
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Technology Strategy Patterns
Technologists who want their ideas heard, understood, and funded are often told to speak the language …
Monolith to Microservices
How do you detangle a monolithic system and migrate it to a microservice architecture? How do …
Cloud Native Transformation
In the past few years, going cloud native has been a big advantage for many companies. …