Building data bound table UIs
The table UI is one of the very popular UI components for presenting a collection of rows to end users. In general, displaying data collection on a table UI involves the following tasks:
- Invoking business services for reading data collection
- Populating the UI with retrieved collection
The data bound UI table offered by the Oracle ADF framework does the above tasks out of the box. The steps for building a data bound table are as follows:
- Drag the view object instance from the Data Controls panel and drop it on the visual designer for the page. Doing so displays a context menu with a list of possible UI components to display the data collection.
- Select Table | ADF Table in the context menu.
- In the Edit Table Columns dialog ...