OmniPortlet is a special type of portlet that attempts to provide the best of both worlds: declarative use (for ease) with a large number of source and display options (for power). Creating an OmniPortlet is different from the process of creating a portlet using the programmatic wizards referenced in Chapter 1. To use the OracleAS Portal wizards to create a portlet, perform the following steps:
1. Create a Database Provider in the OracleAS Portal Navigator if one doesn’t exist already.
2. Select that Database Provider, and then select the object you wish to create (form, report, calendar, etc.).
3. Follow the wizards to generate the portal component.
4. Expose the component as a portlet.
5. Edit the page and place the portlet ...