Chapter 10. Advanced Data Pump
Many people don't know about several powerful functionalities that are available when using Data Pump (
impdp). Most of the people only use these tools to export and import data (in other words, only to move data), and never notice that it can be used, for example, to help us to do:
- Data masking
- Build a metadata repository
- Create a version control
- Work with different object editions in a database
- Clone users (create a new user using an existent user as a template)
- Create smaller copies of production
- Create your database in a different file structure
- Move all objects from one tablespace to another
- Move an object to a different schema (a simple example, change a table owner)
- Migrate data for a database upgrade
- Downgrade ...
Get Oracle Database 12c Backup and Recovery Survival Guide now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.