Assets are retired once they are no longer in use by an organization. In this recipe, we will look at how to retire assets.
Log in to Oracle E-Business Suite R12 with the username and password assigned to you by the system administrator. If you are working on the Vision demonstration database, you can use OPERATIONS/WELCOME as the USERNAME/PASSWORD.
How to do it...
A Genesis 1.0 Speaker, asset number 109931, has been sold for $37,000 on the 31st of March 2010. Let's retire the asset in the ACME CORP asset book:
- Select the Assets responsibility.
- Navigate to Assets | Assets Workbench.
- In the Category field, enter EQUIPMENT-MOVABLE.
- Select ACME CORP in the Book field.
- Click on the Find button.
- In the Assets form, find the asset ...