Getting started with forms
In this recipe, we are going to look at getting everything started so that we can build forms to be used in E-Business Suite. We are going to be using Oracle Forms Builder version 10g and we are also going to be using WinSCP.
In this recipe, we are going to perform the following tasks:
- Installing Oracle Developer Suite
- Creating the forms builder desktop shortcut
- Adding a TNS names entry
- Setting runtime parameters in the environment file
- FTP forms and libraries
- Opening the TEMPLATE form
- Renaming the TEMPLATE form
Installing Oracle Developer Suite
We need to install Oracle Developer Suite on our local PCs. We can develop the forms locally but will need to transfer the forms over to the application server and compile them there ...