Take back control of your data center with this practical step-by-step tutorial to using Oracle Enterprise Manager. Real-life examples and case studies help you manage rationally rather than through day-to-day firefighting.
- Learn about the tremendous capabilities of the latest powerhouse version of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control
- Take a deep dive into crucial topics including Provisioning and Patch Automation, Performance Management and Exadata Database Machine Management
- Take advantage of the author’s experience as an Oracle Certified Master in this real world guide including enterprise examples and case studies
Data centers around the world are experiencing an unprecedented era of growth due to expanding data volumes. There is also a corresponding increase in the number of databases and applications. In such rapid-growth centers, it is inevitable that fighting fires daily becomes a common occurrence. There is often no controlled method of performance management, neither is rapidly changing configuration information collected.
With the lack of automation and control, Data Centers do not often realize their intended cost-effectiveness and regress into a chaotic and uncontrolled day-to-day type of existence. This was the case until Oracle Enterprise Manager started being used as an Enterprise-wide central management solution, changing the whole game in the process.
In this brand new book by Porus Homi Havewala, one of the leading experts in the Oracle space, you will be introduced to the all-encompassing world of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c, Oracle's premier product for managing and monitoring the Enterprise space. Drawing from the author’s many years of experience in the real world, the book brings together the major capabilities of the latest Enterprise Manager software and demonstrates how to ease the growing pains of Data Centers.
The book takes you on a descriptive journey of what issues are normally experienced in the Data Center, and how Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c manages to address and resolve many of the issues.
The book introduces the reader to the typical chaos in Data Centers and discusses the way these common issues are normally resolved, by manual labor or manual scripting using extensive human resources. Then it will show you how Cloud Control 12c aids in Database Performance Management, Configuration Management, Security Compliance, Automated Provisioning, Automated Patching and Database Change Management.
You will learn how Cloud Control 12c allows Exadata Database Machine Monitoring and Management, Test Data Management for data subsetting of large databases, as well as Sensitive Data De-identification using Data Masking.
The book includes various real life examples and case studies of actual Oracle customers to show how they have benefited from using Oracle Enterprise Manager. It explores the strong standing of Oracle in the Enterprise Management game, now also strengthened by the new Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
Table of contents
Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Managing Data Center Chaos
- Table of Contents
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Managing Data Center Chaos
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- 1. Chaos at Data Centers
- 2. Enter Oracle Cloud Control
- 3. Ease the Chaos with Performance Management
- 4. Ease the Chaos with Configuration Management and Security Compliance
5. Ease the Chaos with Automated Provisioning
- Lifecycle management
- First steps: Software Library
- Provisioning library
- Provisioning profiles
- Deployment procedures
- 6. Ease the Chaos with Automated Patching
- 7. Ease the Chaos with Change Management
- 8. Ease the Chaos with Test Data Management
- 9. Ease the Chaos with Data Masking
- 10. Ease the Chaos with Exadata Management
- 11. Real-life Examples and Case Studies, and It's a Wrap: The Future is the Cloud
- Title: Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Managing Data Center Chaos
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849684781
You might also like
If you are a typical Oracle professional, you don't have the luxury of time to keep …
Oracle Wait Interface: A Practical Guide to Performance Diagnostics & Tuning
Troubleshoot, tune, and optimize your Oracle database efficiently and successfully every time. This book explains how …
Oracle Database 12c Release 2 Oracle Real Application Clusters Handbook: Concepts, Administration, Tuning & Troubleshooting
This comprehensive guide has been fully updated to cover the latest features and tools of Oracle …
Oracle Database 11g Oracle Real Application Clusters Handbook, 2nd Edition, 2nd Edition
Master Oracle Real Application Clusters Maintain a dynamic enterprise computing infrastructure with expert instruction from an …