The age for using a simple text editor is long gone. The ever-growing complexity of Java and J2EE creates a need for Java development tools that offer more. If you want to be more productive with Java, you need a Java IDE. Oracle JDeveloper 10g is an IDE that enables you to develop Java applications with minimal effort. JDeveloper can do wonders for your Swing, JSP, Servlets, Struts, EJBs, and Web Services developments.
In this indispensable guide, renowned author Harshad Oak puts the technology first, enhancing the text with sample applications that demonstrate how JDeveloper can simplify your developments using the technology. Oak also focuses on the Application Development Framework (ADF) that comes with JDeveloper 10g—a framework that will get your applications up and running fast.
The book also delves into JDeveloper's many code optimization tools, demonstrating how to use them to find improper or resource-hungry code that requires your immediate attention. Oak continues on to discuss JDeveloper extensions that add even more value to JDeveloper.
Table of Contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1: Emergence of the IDE
- CHAPTER 2: Getting Started with JDeveloper
- CHAPTER 3: Java with JDeveloper
- CHAPTER 4: UML Modeling
- CHAPTER 5: Servlet and JSP Development
- CHAPTER 6: Enterprise JavaBeans and Database Interaction
- CHAPTER 7: Application Development Framework
- CHAPTER 8: Web Services
- CHAPTER 9: Debugging and Code Improvement
- CHAPTER 10: Tools and Extensions
- CHAPTER 11: Tips and Tricks
- Title: Oracle JDeveloper 10g: Empowering J2EE Development
- Release date: January 2004
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781590591420