Adding new assets
Recording an asset in the Asset Management system can be done in three different ways:
- Using online asset additions (manual)
- Uploading assets details using Excel spreadsheets
- Interfacing assets from external sources using Transaction Loader
Asset Management records two types of asset details:
- Financial information: These details include all the elements needed for accounting transactions of an asset, such as asset cost, books, depreciation method, useful life, and so on.
- Physical information: These details include all the physical attributes such as tag (serial) number, manufacturer, and so on.
An important feature offered by the AM module is the capitalization threshold. Some organizations may need to capitalize their purchases ...