For project managers and consultants, this book will help you master the main elements of Primavera P6, together with the new features in Version 8. Lots of screenshots and clear explanations make for an easy ride.
- Get a detailed overview of Oracle Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management.
- Manage your projects from just anywhere using simple e-mail and the P6 iPhone app.
- Learn to create a new project in the P6 Professional Client
- Integrate Primavera P6 with three main ERP systems: Oracle EBS, JD Edwards, and PeopleSoft.
In 2008 Oracle acquired Primavera Software, Inc., a leading provider of Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solutions for project-intensive industries.
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management is an integrated project portfolio management (PPM) solution comprising role-specific functionality to satisfy each team member's needs, responsibilities, and skills. It provides a single solution for managing projects of any size, adapts to various levels of complexities within a project, and intelligently scales to meet the needs of various roles, functions, or skill levels in your organization and on your project team.
Oracle Primavera P6 Version 8: Project and Portfolio Management aims to show you all the features and functionality of the software thoroughly and clearly.
With Oracle Primavera P6 Version 8: Project and Portfolio Management, readers will master the core concepts of Primavera P6 and the new features associated with version 8.
This book is divided into two sections, in the first section we learn the fundamental concepts behind managing projects which include organizing projects, adding activities and relationships, assigning roles and resources, scheduling a project, and much more. In the second section we cover portfolio management and how to make the best use of the web client that includes working with portfolios, portfolio analysis, portfolio capacity planning, ROI, tracking performance, and lots more.
Table of contents
Oracle Primavera P6 Version 8: Project and Portfolio Management
- Table of Contents
- Oracle Primavera P6 Version 8: Project and Portfolio Management
- About the Authors
- About the Reviewers
- 1. Getting Started with Oracle Primavera P6
- 2. Getting Around: Understanding and Customizing the P6 Interface
- 3. Organizing your Projects with EPS, OBS, and WBS
4. Creating a New Project and Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating a new project using the New Project Wizard
- Setting project properties
- Structuring the WBS of the project
- Importing projects in the web client
- Importing in the Professional Client
- Exporting projects
5. Adding Activities and Relationships
- Oracle Primavera P6 compared to other tools
- Oracle Primavera and scheduling best practices
- Activity details
- Activity types
- Lag and float
- Working with Activities
- 6. Resources
7. Scheduling and Constraints
- Scheduling activities
- Understanding scheduling algorithms
- Settings at the user level
- Settings at the project level
- Settings at the global level
- Settings at the activity level
- 8. Issues and Risks
- 9. Baselines and Statusing
- 10. Project Templates
- 11. Portfolios
- 12. Portfolio Analysis
- 13. Measuring and Scoring Projects
- 14. Capacity Planning and ROI
- 15. Dashboards
- 16. Resource Management
- Integration overview
- Integration possibilities
- JD Edwards
- E-Business Suite
- B. Reporting
- Title: Oracle Primavera P6 Version 8: Project and Portfolio Management
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849684682
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
You, Only Better
If you want to be happy, fulfilled and energised its probably best not to obsess over …
97 Things Every Engineering Manager Should Know
Tap into the wisdom of experts to learn what every engineering manager should know. With 97 …
Modeling Enterprise Architecture with TOGAF
Modeling Enterprise Architecture with TOGAF explains everything you need to know to effectively model enterprise architecture …