In a tumultuous global business environment, change is a constant. Organizations are affected by many factors from the local economy to global competition. To be successful they must do more than react to changes, they need to be proactive.
Organization Development Fundamentals provides a starting point for those interested in learning more about taking this proactive approach. The authors explore the many facets of organization development and change management, including the theories, models, and steps necessary to complete the process. This is a perfect resource for professionals who are just starting out in the OD field or who want to brush-up on the basics.
After reading this book, you will be able to:
Define organization development and change management.
Implement a change effort.
Understand the competencies required of successful change agents.
Recognize and solve ethical dilemmas related to change.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Advance Organizer
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Organization Development and Change Models
- 3. The Organization Development Process
- 4. Competencies of Organization Development Consultants
- 5. Implementation of Organization Development
- 6. Ethics and Values in Organization Development
- 7. Special Issues in Organization Development
- 8. The Future of Organization Development
- Appendix I: An OD Action Research (AR) Checklist
- Appendix II: The International Organization Development Code of Ethics
- About the Authors
- Title: Organization Development Fundamentals
- Release date: January 2015
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781562869113
You might also like
Organization Development: A Process of Learning and Changing, Third Edition
Master the modern discipline of Organizational Development (OD), and use it to plan and drive effective …
From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching
"Jennifer Britton has penned another winner! With From One to Many, Jennifer not only gives us …
Practicing Organization Development: Leading Transformation and Change, 4th Edition
Get on the cutting edge of organization development Practicing Organization Development: Leading Transformation and Change, Fourth …
The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of the Psychology of Leadership, Change and Organizational Development
A state-of-the-art reference, drawing on key contemporary research to provide an in-depth, international, and competencies-based approach …