1. b 2. d 3. c 4. c 5. c 6. b 7. c 8. a 9. d 10. d 11. a 12. c 13. c 14. c 15. a
- 16. OB as a scientific discipline has the following characteristics: a) It is an interdisciplinary body of knowledge, drawing upon insights from such allied social sciences as sociology and psychology. b) OB researchers use scientific methods to develop and test models and theories about human behavior in organizations. c) OB focuses on application, trying to develop from science practical insights that can improve organizations. d) OB uses contingency thinking, trying to fit explanations to situations rather than trying to find “one best” answer that fits all situations.
- 17. The term “valuing diversity” is used to describe behavior that respects individual differences. In the workplace this means respecting the talents and potential contributions of people from different races and of different genders, ethnicities, and ages, for example.
- 18. An effective manager is one who is able to work with and support other people so that long-term high performance is achieved. This manager is able to maintain an environment for sustainable high performance by creating conditions for job satisfaction as well as high task performance.
- 19. Emotional intelligence is an ability to understand and manage emotions well, both personally and in interactions with others. Self-regulation is an important emotional intelligence competency. It is the capacity to ...