Entrepreneurship has regained centre stage in the contemporary knowledge-intensive and innovation-driven economy, as well as in research. Integrating classic and recent insights into the organization, economics and management of entrepreneurial activities, Organizing Entrepreneurship aims to blend rigor with relevance, and connects theory with practical problems around key questions, such as:
- Is there any method in having ‘good ideas’ and discovering opportunities?
- Through which mechanisms can human, social, technical and financial resources be attracted and dedicated to new projects?
- Which alternative governance and organizational structures are to be considered for the constitution and organization of a new firm?
- To grow or not to grow? (Or how to grow without up-sizing)?
- How do you organize grown-up firms in an entrepreneurial mode?
- How can environments and external institutions help?
Original case studies are discussed and integrated throughout the text, which reflect a wide range of sectors (from agri-business to high tech) and countries (including emerging economies). Providing a unique resource for students and instructors of entrepreneurship and organization, this book also offers new insights to entrepreneurs and investors in the organization of new firms, as well as to managers striving to infuse entrepreneurial behaviors into their already established firms.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- List of figures
- List of tables
- List of boxes
- 1. Sources of entrepreneurship: opportunities
- 2. Entrepreneurial resources: access problems and networked solutions
- 3. Entrepreneurial firms
- 4. The internal and external growth of entrepreneurial firms
- 5. Organizing entrepreneurship in established firms
- 6. Organizing environments for entrepreneurship
- Title: Organizing Entrepreneurship
- Release date: May 2011
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781136717857
You might also like
Business Model You: A One-Page Method For Reinventing Your Career
A one-page tool to reinvent yourself and your career The global bestseller Business Model Generation introduced …
Entrepreneurship: Creating and Leading an Entrepreneurial Organization
A new venture or business always stands on the precarious ground of unpredictable challenges wherein it …
How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times and Bad, Fourth Edition, 4th Edition
THE NATIONAL BESTSELLER! Anyone can learn to invest wisely with this bestselling investment system! Through every …
Programming Interviews Exposed, 4th Edition
Ace technical interviews with smart preparation Programming Interviews Exposed is the programmer’s ideal first choice for …