In This Chapter
• Using Time Machine for automatic backups
• Connecting external hard drives
• Using Apple’s Time Capsule with Time Machine
• Backing up app-specific data via iCloud
• Other backup and security options
Just about everyone stores important information on his or her computer. Whether it’s your contacts database, your schedule that you’d be utterly lost without, personal or business financial data, your digital photo albums, or your music library, this is data that you want to protect against loss.
When it comes to backing up your data, you have a variety of options. Some of those options happen automatically and in the background after they’re set up. Others require you to manually copy files and data from ...