In This Chapter
• Changing the background to make the desktop more personal, more attractive, or more efficient
• Using a screen saver for fun and profit—well, maybe not profit
• Organizing and customizing the icons on the desktop
• Using the new Notification Center to stay on top of things
• Tweaking the menu bar with menulets
If you walk into practically anyone’s office today and look at the desk, you’ll probably see a framed picture or two, maybe a small potted plant, and any manner of personal items. Everyone likes to personalize his or her space. The same is true of the Mac desktop, and Mountain Lion gives you lots of latitude when it comes to personalizing. You can change the picture in the background, add ...