In This Chapter
• Identifying your default folders and finding where they’re located
• Using all the components of the Finder window
• Populating the Finder sidebar with the sources that are most important to you
• Examining all four of the Finder views and setting a default view for the one you like best
• Creating a custom view for individual folders
• Opening more than one Finder window
Although the Finder is an application, it’s not “just” another application like Mail or Safari. You could live without Mail and Safari, as well as many other applications that come with Mountain Lion, but you cannot live without the Finder. It’s integral to everything you do on the Mac.
Because the Finder is such an important ...