In This Chapter
• Launching applications four different ways
• Arranging applications in the Launchpad
• Closing applications without having to save your work
• Downloading and installing applications from the App Store
• Updating your applications
An application is a program used by a computer—the software yin to the hardware yang. One is nothing without the other. Everything that happens on your computer is the result of an instruction from an application. And where do you fit into the picture? You are the driving force, of course—the one who dispenses the application’s instructions. In this chapter, we’ll look at some of the instructions that all applications have in common, such as launching, closing, quitting, ...