Essential tips and techniques on the Mac OS X features you use most!
If you want the kind of hip, friendly help you'd get from friends on how to get the most of out of Mac OS X Mountain Lion, this is the guide you need. Jump right into the coolest new Mac OS X features like Game Center, Messages, and Notification, or get a better handle on the basic tools and shortcuts that will help keep your mountain cat purring. From customizing to using multimedia to syncing your Mac to other devices, this book saves you time and hassle, avoids fluff, and covers what you want to know most.
New addition to the hip, savvy Portable Genius series of books that helps you get the very most out of your Apple lifestyle
Provides essential facts, tips, techniques, and shortcuts
Helps you jump right into cool new Mac OX X features, such as Game Center, Messages, and Notification
Covers Mac OS X and Mac computer basics, including customizing your computer and workspace, troubleshooting and maintaining your Mac, browsing and manipulating images and multimedia, listening to music and Podcasts, and more
Explains how to work with and connect peripherals, copy music to an iPod, add a printer, and sync a Mac to other devices
Enjoy your new Mac OS X Mac to the max with Mac OS X Portable Genius.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
Chapter 1: How Do I Get Started with Mountain Lion?
- System Requirements for Installing Mountain Lion
- What’s New in Mountain Lion?
- Upgrading to Mountain Lion
- Working with the Finder
- Getting Information on Files and Folders
- Using Quick Look
- Working with Removable Media
- Searching for Items
- Managing Windows with Mission Control
- Using Multiple Desktops with Spaces
- Managing Applications with Launchpad
- Chapter 2: How Can I Customize Mountain Lion?
- Chapter 3: How Do I Change the Mountain Lion System Preferences?
- Chapter 4: How Do I Manage User Accounts?
- Chapter 5: What Can I Do with Applications?
- Chapter 6: What Can I Do with Utilities?
- Chapter 7: How Do I Work with PDFs in Preview?
- Chapter 8: How Do I Organize My Life with Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Reminders?
- Chapter 9: How Do I Master the Web with Safari?
- Chapter 10: How Do I Stay Connected with Mail?
- Chapter 11: How Can I Use iTunes with Multimedia?
- Chapter 12: How Do I Work with Images and Video?
- Chapter 13: How Do I Print and Share?
- Chapter 14: How Can I Automate My Mac?
- Chapter 15: How Do I Install Windows 7 on My Mac?
- Chapter 16: Do You Have Any Troubleshooting Tips?
- Appendix A: Mac Online Resources
- Appendix B: Mac Shortcut Keys
- Title: OS X Mountain Lion Portable Genius
- Release date: September 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118401422