Composing and sending e-mail is a snap with Mail. To begin sending that world-changing memorandum, do the following:
1. Click the New Message button in the toolbar, which looks like a piece of paper with a pencil writing on it.
2. In the New Message window, type the e-mail address of the person you want to receive your message in the To field, as shown in Figure 10.15. To send a copy of the e-mail to other folks, type their addresses in the Cc field.
10.15 Putting together the perfect e-mail.
3. Type the topic of your e-mail in the Subject field.
4. Select the account from which you are sending the e-mail, as well as the SMTP server you want to use to send the e-mail, by using the pop-up menus in the From menu.
5. You can click the Customize button on the left (looks like a small rectangle containing three lines stacked next to a tiny downward-pointing arrow), and choose whether any other fields, such as Priority, should appear in the New Message window.
6. Type the content of your e-mail and click the Send button (the one that looks like a paper airplane) in the upper-left corner.
7. Congratulate yourself for being a full-blown member of Internet society. Just like the toolbar in the main Mail window, the toolbar in the New Message window can be modified to suit your style. With a New Message window open, choose View→Customize Toolbar to arrange, remove, ...