"When we give away our software, we create value," says Tim O'Reilly (O'Reilly Media) when describing the core of the open source philosophy. And nothing demonstrates the validity of Tim's statement more than the keynotes, tutorials, and technical sessions delivered by the speakers at OSCON Portland 2018. OSCON Portland 2018 was organized into many value-adding content tracks, with each track selected for its significance to software development and solving critical real-world problems. This video compilation gives you total access to each track and to virtually every session, tutorial, and keynote delivered over this four-day event. Highlights include:
- Live coding: New to OSCON, these sessions demonstrated coding best practices and new ways of getting the most out of open source languages like Python, R, Java, and C#. In this video, you'll hear the presenters speak as the code they write appears on your screen. Includes Joel Grus (Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence) live-coding a deep learning library from scratch using NumPy and Eve Porcello (Moon Highway) live-coding a walk-through of GraphQL, and more.
- Business Summit: Designed specifically for executives, business leaders, and strategists, the Business Summit featured high-level case studies showcasing the most successful developments in open source for the enterprise. Learn how to mitigate risk and out-innovate your competitors from speakers like Greg Taylor (Reddit), Daniel Ruggeri (Mastercard), and Eddie Satterly (DataNexus).
- TensorFlow: Includes a machine learning how-to by Josh Gordon (Google) and everything from the TensorFlow Community Day event, with talks by Google TensorFlow's product team and by TensorFlow practitioners in health care, gaming, and more.
- Blockchain: Open source blockchain will be a game-changer in how we deliver data. Includes Lucy Wyman's (Puppet) primer on blockchain technology and Mack Hendricks's (CEO, Flyball) session on using blockchain technology to stop fraudulent calls on telephone caller ID systems.
- Cloud strategies and implementation: Discover how cloud strategies and implementations impact business. Includes talks by Jessica Deen (Microsoft) on container orchestration and Nathan Handler (Yelp) on Hashicorp's Terraform, plus tutorials on continuous delivery with Spinnaker by Emily Burns (Netflix).
- Artificial intelligence: Learn about the open source frameworks that have taken AI to a new dimension with sessions and tutorials on Apache MXNet, OpenCV, Vision/Core ML, Python-based natural language processing, the 2D graphics library Skia, and how to power TensorFlow with big data using Apache Beam, Flink and Spark.
- Evolutionary architecture: Understand why architectures, like microservices and serverless, are necessary in the time of continuous development and delivery. Includes tutorials and sessions like ".NET Core 2.0: From acquisition to containers" (Shayne Boyer, Microsoft), "Open source data persistence: creating order from chaos" (Megan Kostick, Michael Brewer, Manuel Silveyra; IBM) and "Fundamentals of GraphQL" (Danilo Zekovic, Symphony).
Offering a front row seat for each of OSCON Portland's keynotes, tutorials, and technical sessions, this video compilation delivers true value. Get it now to experience Portland OSCON 2018 according to your own schedule and pace.