Chapter 23. Advanced Topics

Throughout the book we have talked about the essential parts of the OSGi model and the Equinox implementation. That discussion covers 90 percent of what you need to know to build a comprehensive OSGi-based system. This chapter is about the remaining 10 percent of core concepts that crop up infrequently but in key places.

You should think of this chapter as reference material and use it as needed. We cover many advanced topics and explain exactly what your application does from start to finish—the kind of information you need when you have problems and are up late at night troubleshooting. Of course, you are free to read through the chapter and pick up background information and helpful tips and tricks that can be ...

Get OSGi and Equinox now with O’Reilly online learning.

O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.