Exercises for YOUR Path to Greatness
Five Key Factors for Attaining Belief in Yourself
1. Accept the truth: Realizing and identifying with the person you are today is the key to becoming the person you want to be. Remember the lesson Pierce learned: We never actually fail in life. We just don’t always get the results that we want. You cannot live a lie. You have to acknowledge and identify with what is most important in your life to ultimately attain belief in yourself.
2. Speak the truth: You may be reluctant—even scared—to talk about or acknowledge past behavior and habits that you regret. However, avoiding them only serves to amplify the pain and make us feel like victims. Get the truth out into the light by talking about your experiences with a trusted friend or a professional.
3. Breathe through the truth: Even though every fiber of your being wants to react by believing that your actions up to this point have been correct, know that you can change. Avoid acting from a place of pain or anger. The best way to reclaim your dignity is to behave rationally and treat yourself lovingly, which will keep you from self-destructing.
4. Process the truth: Give yourself time and space to find your equilibrium. Believe confidently and wholeheartedly that making these changes will prompt you to develop a stronger foundation. However, recognize that this will take time, and give yourself that time.
5. Create a plan based on the truth: Don’t expect things to be perfect right away; ...