Key Points about the Design Process
- Understand the long-term strategic objectives for a product or brand.
- Analyze the product and category characteristics.
- Paint a picture of the strategic objectives in the marketing brief.
- Involve all the stakeholders.
- Manage time appropriately.
- Ask pertinent questions up front.
- Follow a sequential design process.
- Establish visual hierarchy.
- Consider sustainable packaging options.
- Keep the consumer in mind at all times.
- Assess how the potential design solutions communicate in the retail environment.
- Be able to define, defend, and provide a rationale for design concepts.
- Present flawless comps.
- Plan for production.
- Check and double-check production files for accuracy.
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.