Keep track of your passwords and learn how to make them better
You have dozens of passwords for dozens of uses, and it seems every account has different password requirements. How can you keep them all straight while keeping them secure? This ingenious little book solves the problem! It's more than just a logbook; it's loaded with advice on creating effective passwords, maintaining your privacy on Facebook and Twitter, protecting your financial records, using online "netiquette", and much more.
It also provides lots of space to record important site names, URLs, and passwords, including space for new passwords when you have to change them! With this handy guide, you can keep them all straight and up to date.
Offers tips on establishing user accounts, creating effective passwords, keeping your accounts secure, maintaining your privacy on social networking sites, and more
Provides space to record the site name, URL, site functions, and up to 10 passwords for each account, allowing you to change passwords from time to time for greater security
Passwords & Internet Addresses Journal For Dummies combines important tips about passwords with a way to organize your information and still keep it safe. Never lose or forget another password!
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
Part I: Getting Started with Passwords
- Chapter 1: Safeguarding Your Identity
- Chapter 2: What's the Secret Password?
- Chapter 3: Viruses, Spyware, and Scams — Oh My!
- Chapter 4: Shop 'til You Drop — Securely
- Chapter 5: Staying Safe on Social Media
Chapter 6: Ten Things You Should Never Do with Your Password
- Write Your Password on Your Keyboard
- Use the Same Password over Multiple Sites
- E-Mail Somebody Your Password
- Share Your Password With Somebody You Don't Know
- Use Common Words in Your Password
- Use Your Birth Date in Your Password
- Use Any Identifying Number as Your Password
- Use Your Child's Name in Your Password
- Type Your Password on a Device You Don't Trust
- Type Your Password When Using the Internet on a Network You Don't Trust
- Part II: Passwords & Internet Addresses Journal
- Part III: Passwords Quick Reference
- About the Author
- Title: Passwords & Internet Addresses Journal For Dummies
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781118828366