Logging Events and Monitoring the Cardholder Data Environment
Information in this chapter:
• PCI Requirements Covered
• Why Logging and Monitoring in PCI DSS?
• Logging and Monitoring in Depth
• PCI Relevance of Logs
• Logging in PCI Requirement 10
• Monitoring Data and Log Security Issues
• Logging and Monitoring in PCI—All Other Requirements
• PCI DSS Logging Policies and Procedures
• Tools for Logging in PCI
• Other Monitoring Tools
• Intrusion Detection and Prevention
• Integrity Monitoring
• Case Study
When most people think about information security, the idea of blocking, deflecting, denying, or otherwise stopping a malicious hacker attack comes to mind. Secure network architecture, secure server operating systems, data encryption, ...