• What is a Compensating Control?
• Where Are Compensating Controls in PCI DSS?
• What a Compensating Control is Not
• Funny Controls You Didn’t Design
• How to Create a Good Compensating Control
• Case Studies
Few payment security professionals can find a hotter Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) topic than compensating controls. They often look like a mythical compliance accelerator used to push PCI compliance initiatives through completion at a minimal cost to your company with the added bonus of consisting of little or no effort.
Compensating controls are challenging. They often require using a risk-based approach that can vary greatly from one Qualified ...