Protecting cardholder data
This chapter explains how to protect the card data stored in your systems, as well as how to protect data while it is in transit on your network.
Data at Rest
Information in this chapter
• What is data protection and why is it needed?
• Requirements addressed in this chapter
• PCI requirement 3: protect stored cardholder data
• What else can you do to be secure?
• PCI requirement 4 walk-through
• Requirement 12 walk-through
• Appendix A of PCI DSS
• How to become compliant and secure
• Common mistakes and pitfalls
• Case study
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) was created to decrease the risk of electronic card transactions by mandating security ...