Time for action—creating a hello world transformation
How about starting by saying Hello to the World? Not original but enough for a very first practical exercise. Here is how you do it:
- Create a folder named
pdi_labsunder the folder of your choice.
- Open Spoon.
- From the main menu select File | New Transformation.
- At the left-hand side of the screen, you'll see a tree of Steps. Expand the Input branch by double-clicking it.
- Left-click the Generate Rows icon.
- Without releasing the button, drag-and-drop the selected icon to the main canvas. The screen will look like this:
- Double-click the Generate Rows step that you just put in the canvas and fill the text ...