Time for action reading all your files at a time using a single Text file input step and regular expressions
You could do the same thing you did above by using a different notation. Follow these instructions:
- Open the transformation and edit the configuration windows of the input step.
- Delete the lines with the names of the files.
- In the first row of the grid, type
C:\pdi_files\input\under the File/Directory column, and
group[1-4]\.txtunder the Wildcard (Reg.Exp.) column.
- Click the Show filename(s)... button. You'll see the list of files that match the expression.
- Close the tiny window and click Preview rows to confirm that the rows shown belong to ...