Time for action—creating the time dimension dataset
In this tutorial we will create a simple dataset for a time dimension.
First we will create a stream with the days of the week:
- Create a new transformation.
- Press Ctrl+T to access the Transformation settings window.
- Select the Parameters tab and fill it like shown in the next screenshot:
- Expand the Job category of steps.
- Drag a Get Variables step to the canvas, double-click the step, and fill the window like here:
- After the Get Variables step, add a Split Fields step and use it to split the field