Time for action—exploring the sample database
Let's explore the sample database:
- Open the transformation you just created.
- Right-click the connection in the Database connections list and select Explore in the contextual menu. The Database explorer on connection window opens.
- Expand the
Tablesnode of the tree and select
CUSTOMERS. This is how the explorer looks:
- Click on the Open SQL for [CUSTOMERS] option.
- The following SQL editor window appears:
- Modify the text in the window so that you have the following:
SELECT CUSTOMERNUMBER , CUSTOMERNAME , CITY , ...