Time for action—testing the transformation that loads the region dimension
- In the previous tutorial you loaded a dimension that stores geographical information. You ran it once, causing the insertion of one record for each city and a special record with values
n/a for the descriptive fields. Let's apply some changes in the operational database, and run the transformation again to see what happens.
- Launch MySQL Query Browser.
- Type the following sentence to change the names of the countries to upper case:
UPDATE countries SET country_name = UCASE(country_name)
- Execute it.
- If the transformation created in the last tutorial is not open, open it again.
- Run the transformation.
- The Step Metrics looks like this:
- Explore the
js_dw database again and do a preview ...
Get Pentaho 3.2 Data Integration Beginner's Guide now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.