Time for action—loading the sales star
You already created a job for loading the dimensions and another job for loading the fact.
In this tutorial, you will put them together in a single main job:
- Create a new job in the same folder in which you saved those jobs. Name this job
- Drag to the canvas a START and two job entries, and link them one after the other.
- Use the first job entry to execute the job that loads the dimensions.
- Use the second Job entry to execute the job you just created for loading the fact table.
- Save the job. This is how it looks:
- Press F9 to run the job.
- As arguments, provide a new range of dates:
2009-09-01, 2009-09-30 ...