Time for action – creating a simple transformation and getting familiar with the design process
In this exercise, you will create a simple transformation that takes a list of projects with the start and end dates, and calculates the time that it took to complete each project.
- Start Spoon.
- From the main menu, navigate to File | New | Transformation.
- Expand the Input branch of the Steps tree. Remember that the Steps tree is located in the Design tab to the left of the work area.
- Drag-and-drop the Data Grid icon on the canvas.
- Double-click on the Data Grid icon and enter
projectsin the Step name field.
- Fill in the grid as shown in the following screenshot:
- Click on the Data tab, and fill the grid as shown in the following screenshot:
- Click on Preview and ...