Time for action – calculating football match statistics by grouping data
Let's continue working with the football matches file. Suppose that you want to take that information to obtain some statistics, for example, the maximum number of goals per match in a given day. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Create a new transformation, give it a name and description, and save it.
- By using a Text file input step, read the
matches.txt file, just like you did it in the previous section.
- Do a preview just to confirm that the step is well configured.
- Add a Sort rows step to the transformation, and sort the fields by
match_date in ascending order.
- Expand the Statistics category of steps, and drag a Group by step to the canvas. Create a hop from ...