On completion of this chapter you will be able to:
• differentiate between groups and teams
• explain the importance of the Hawthorne Experiments
• explain the stages of team development
• recognize the importance of team norms and team boundaries
• describe the term ‘team cohesiveness’ and appreciate the factors that contribute to a cohesive team
• differentiate between effective and ineffective workteams
• describe Belbin's nine management team roles.
Work is a group activity and if an organization is to function effectively it requires teams of people to work well together. Teams are formed by the organization in order to get jobs done most effectively. In the work situation most ...