On completion of this chapter you will be able to:
• appreciate the importance of human resource planning
• outline the stages of the recruitment and selection process
• conduct a simple job analysis
• devise a job description
• construct a personnel specification
• list appropriate sources of recruitment
• explain the key features that a job advertisement should have
• participate in a selection interview
• appreciate the importance of induction.
The human resources – the people – who work in an organization are the most important resource that the organization has. Every organization should have a human resource plan which supports the business objectives. The ...