How to Be a Great Listener
In This Chapter
- Making people feel “listened to”
- Strategies for powerful listening
- Steps to becoming a better listener
- How to respond when people speak to you
- Extreme listening skills: empathy statements
Many people work a lifetime to perfect their conversation skills, when, in reality, the skill that makes people feel you’re a great conversationalist is listening. Great listening skills are so powerful that they make you memorable. You will be sought after as a person others want to have conversations with because listening skills are so rare. Everyone wants to talk; few have the wisdom or the skills to ...