What Is Nonverbal Communication?
In This Chapter
- Why nonverbal communication matters
- The dangers of sending mixed messages
- How facial expressions communicate more than you know
- Three smiles you must practice
- Looking fascinated and other winning facial expressions
Although most people worry about what to say, how they say what they say makes more of an impact on their conversation partner. The tone and the look on your face as you speak to your co-worker or friend is the greatest factor in determining whether the listener receives what you say positively or not. Every word you say is delivered with a nonverbal message that influences ...