Preparing for Important Conversations
In This Chapter
- Having important but positive conversations
- Knowing your partner’s preferences
- How to close the gaps between your preferences and your partner’s
- How to prepare for important conversations
- Identifying conversations that deserve preparation
An important conversation is one that simply must go right for you or for your partner. Negotiations, announcements, changes, disagreements, and many more exchanges can all be critical conversations. In a critical conversation, the stakes are higher and there is usually potential for gain or loss to one or both parties. If everyone does not hear ...