Handling the Five Most Difficult Conversations
In This Chapter
- How to apologize effectively
- Appropriate ways to announce deaths and disasters
- What to say when you resign a job or leave a situation
- How to offer constructive criticism
- How to ask for money, time, or other resources
Your life intersects in all kinds of ways with others, and you will eventually be faced with having to communicate with sensitivity about a variety of difficult situations. You will make a mistake and have to apologize. You will need to discuss a life event, such as a death. You may need to resign a position. You might need to offer someone some constructive ...