By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Identify the objectives of a performance appraisal process.
• Explain managerial resistance to participating in the performance appraisal process.
• Describe a common misconception about performance appraisals.
• Recognize the many benefits and uses of performance appraisals for human resources (HR) practitioners, managers, and the organization as a whole.
• Articulate the elements of an effective performance appraisal system.
• Differentiate among the respective performance appraisal responsibilities of managers, human resources ...