By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Articulate coaching and counseling objectives and characteristics.
• Distinguish between spontaneous and planned coaching.
• Differentiate between directive and nondirective approaches to counseling.
• Implement managerial coaching and counseling responsibilities with respect to the performance appraisal process.
• Apply effective communication skills when coaching and counseling.
• Measure the effectiveness of communication skills with regard to coaching and counseling.
Felicity was hired as an associate by Twilight Communications, Inc. out of college. ...