By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe the legal parameters of measuring performance.
• Explain the critical factors inherent in all appraisal methods and choose the one most suitable for your organization.
• Use position descriptions effectively when setting standards of performance.
• Recognize the impact of disciplinary action and documentation on performance standards.
• Assess the effectiveness of forms as an instrument in the appraisal process.
I recently received an e-mail from a former student who now works in the human resources department of a computer ...