4Preparing for Performance Appraisal Meetings
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Articulate questions managers should ask themselves prior to meeting with an employee to discuss the formal performance appraisal.
• Determine the rationale for and approach to asking employees to prepare self-evaluations.
• Cull information on which the appraisal will be based.
• Anticipate possible employee reactions to their formal performance appraisal.
• Create an appropriate setting for the face-to-face appraisal meeting.
According to his boss, colleagues, and employees, Daniel was a great manager. If asked, he would modestly ...