By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Articulate what is needed to create and maintain a motivating atmosphere.
• Identify what workers really want.
• Differentiate between various mentoring relationships.
• Explain the value of managerial feedback.
• Identify the unique requirements for evaluating remote employees.
• Evaluate the merits of Web-based performance appraisals.
In this chapter we will examine several special topics in performance appraisal that fall outside the process we have just examined. Exploring these topics will help you gain insight into what motivates ...