STRENGTHS AND LIMITATIONS
The model is considered to have the following strengths and limitations.
- It provides an elaborate methodology for estimating financial contributions and returns of programs.
- It provides an additional dimension to Kirkpatrick's four basic categories of training success indicators: return on investment.
- It provides an evaluation approach familiar to many executives across different departments.
- Created primarily for training and development interventions, it may be perceived as a reliable approach to evaluation by training departments.
- Its elaborate methodology may be intimidating to trainers who are not used to dealing with such formulas.
- It may be perceived as too time-consuming and expensive. ...