Closing Gaps and Improving Performance
The Basics of Coaching
Key Topics Covered in This Chapter
- Coaching as a four-step process
- Why agreement on coaching goals is essential
- Action plans for coaching
- Giving and receiving feedback
COACHING IS AN interactive process through which managers and supervisors aim to close performance gaps, skills, impart knowledge, and inculcate values and desirable work behaviors. It is a powerful method for strengthening the organization’s store of human capital. Good managers are always looking for coaching opportunities.
Coaching can rekindle motivation and help your subordinates with numerous important aspects of effective performance:
- Closing performance gaps
- Overcoming personal obstacles
- Achieving new ...